No, the miracle was not that my dinner party for 16 was a success! Although I was nervous and excited all at the same time to host my in-laws for Easter in our apartment. I was happy to find out that our apartment can hold 16 people comfortably. I was also happy to find out that I have amazing friends and neighbors who let me borrow chairs and tables to seat the 16 of us. Much to my surprise the 6 kids did not destroy my son's room or my house. The only casualty was the new soap dispenser I had just bought at Ikea on Friday. Like my husband says, "it's from Ikea, no need to be upset". This is true. I am sure I can afford another $7 to replace it. Plus any excuse I have to go back to Ikea is fine with me. I could get lost in that store for hours on end. Especially now that I know I can drop my son off in the play area for a whole hour and shop in peaceful bliss. It is one of those small but great perks in life.
I had a great time being the hostess with the mostest yesterday but I have to say the best part of my whole day was from 7:30 to 8am. I know I have talked about how much I love Dom coming into my bed to have a cuddle in the morning but for some reason yesterday morning was special. Dom crawled into bed and was sleeping in (double bonus points) to the right of me, Chloe was on my left followed by Ron and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. At that moment I realized that this is what my life is really about. The wonderful people and the wonderful moments are what make it all worth it. I know I keep saying that I have wonderful people in my life but I really do. I have the best of friends anyone can ask for. They are supportive and encouraging yet honest and challenge me to be a better person everyday. My family is amazing, even when they drive me nuts. And I know I am partial but I do have the most fabulous dog in the world!
I know it might seem like I am bragging but to me this is my slap in the face wake up call. I so often think about what it is that I want in life and where I want to be and I all too often forget about what I have and where I am right now. For some reason that 30 minutes in bed with my family, all asleep but me, brought me back to the present. Maybe if I believed in Easter miracles that would be mine! I will remember that feeling and use it to get back to that place when I find I am getting too far ahead of myself for my own good! Or when I feel inadequate or insecure.
I am still recovering from my hectic weekend, but treasure my awakening. Thank you Jebus for my Easter miracle.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment