Friday, March 19, 2010

Three days in a row-that's right bitches!

I am thoroughly enjoying my blogging. So much so that as things happen in my life I think "maybe I can blog about that?". I had to work a screening of The Runaways last night. The film is a version of the book Neon Angel by Cherie Currie. Did I love it-no, the acting was good the story was okay but I really think the directing was what killed it for me. I hate to say that because it was a female director and all but I just didn't like her style. I think the film will have a good opening weekend and then tank after that. We shall see if my predictions are true-I'll be sure to report back.

However in watching the film I couldn't help but think what a bad ass Joan Jett is/was. It sort of awakened my secret inner rock star bad ass. I think if I could have any job in the world it would be to be a rock star. I suppose I would have to be able to sing to accomplish that so it will never come to fruition for me.

It made me start to think about the inner rock star in all of us. While I want to be a successful career woman who has it all together I want to be able to kick your ass at the same time. I think that is why Sex and the City was such a successful show. We all have a little Charlotte, Samantha, Carrie, and Miranda in us. We all want to be sex kitten bad asses, yet classy girls, yet speak our mind, and have a fantastic shoe wardrobe-well at least I do! If for nothing else but my own adventure, I am going to let my inner rock star come out more often. I feel really good when I am a bad ass, a sassy pants, a firecracker, a sex kitten. I think that is the true me. The chick in leather pants and stilettos with ripped arms that can sing with a raspy voice and play guitar. Okay maybe that sounds like a lesbian-but you catch my drift. It's just another stone in my pond of clarity!

On that note, I have to go tune my guitar and hit the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment