Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Whatcha doin? Nothin, wachu doin?

That's right, I am doing nothing. I am not used to doing nothing because I always have something to do. Doing nothing is okay for a day, maybe two, but I have really been doing nothing for like 5 days now and I am ready to do something. I was secretly hoping my work would call and ask me to come in, that is how much I am ready to do something.

I am not exactly sure what my ideal something would be, and I am sort of tired of doing the same old somethings that I always do. I think that this is the perfect time to start new somethings, it is the new year right.

I know that at the end of last year I realized that I had a lot of work to do on me. I had just lost my father and it felt as if my whole world turned upside down. I wasn't happy with the person that I had become and I felt genuinely unhappy. I have a wonderful family and amazing friends but something inside me knew I needed more. I made a vow to myself (okay you can call it a resolution) that I would spend 2009 taking care of me. And I have to say I did. I started therapy, which I highly recommend to everyone at some point in your life. I am not exactly where I want to be yet but I am working on it and I am definitely in a better place than I was at this time last year. I also lost the rest of my baby weight (it only took me 3 years) and I fit into all of my skinny pre-baby jeans again. I have made it a point to start to take care of me more and not just do everything for everyone else. I have learned to ask for what I want and not feel bad about getting it. All in all I think that 2009 was a good year for Me and now 2010 is the year for new somethings.

Although I realize that with the economy being a mess and changing to new somethings is harder than ever I know that I can do it. Anything is possible if you work hard and have the right attitude. As this will probably be my last post of 2009 I end this year with fond thoughts of how much I have grown and changed (both physically and emotionally) and continue the work on Me. I look forward to the new year and what it will bring. I am ready for some new somethings, whatever they may be!

Happy New Year and bye bye to 2009!

1 comment: