It has been raining for six days straight here in Los Angeles. Now being from the Midwest I am more than used to rain but even back home, 6 days of straight rain is pretty unusual. Here in So Cal six days of rain has increased our suicide rate by 30%. People are walking around like mummies in a trance that took an Ambien but never fell asleep. Aimlessly wandering to work, to home, to the market all while sort of being not "really here". Maybe that explains all of the car accidents this week? The terrible tease is that the sun will pop out for like 15 minutes and the clouds break so you think "maybe it's all over" and then BOOM the dark clouds roll back in and it's pouring once again. Oh and hailing....and mini tornado's are touching down, picking up all of the small dogs that everyone bought 4 years ago. Needless to say we are in quite a frenzy here in Southern California.
All that aside, I have not felt the effects of the rain aside from some minor inconveniences like getting my feet wet while walking to my car. I feel pretty upbeat and present. My goal after all is to find "my happy: this year. I am not going to let a little bit of rain, or a lot of rain for that matter, stand in my way.
I will admit that getting out of bed in the morning has turned into a chore. Especially since my son has taken to a new habit of waking up around 5:30ish and coming into bed to "cuddle with mommy" for about an hour before we have to wake up for work and school. That hour is my favorite hour of the day. I have now begun to wake up around 5:30 awaiting his little footsteps down the hall into my room dragging his blankie behind him. He will face me and his warm little breath hits my face and I swear to God it is the best feeling in the world. Sometimes he will put his arm around me and I just melt. I could stay there all day, especially when I know that I am going to have to deal with wet feet and cold weather as soon as I step outside. I am definitely looking forward to this weekend when I can stay in bed late with my cuddle buddies and wake up to the sunshine (well I hope we get some sunshine)!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How cuuuute! I love this one.
ReplyDelete